SOCIAL MINISTRY PROGRAMS ALLEVIATE POVERTY AND ALL OTHER FORMS OF HUMAN SUFFERING.
The Social Ministry department is responsible for strategic objective number two of FPFK which focuses on developing innovative and responsive development programs aimed at alleviating poverty and all other forms of human suffering in Kenya. This is achieved through various strategies which include: working together with our local churches and other departments in the organization; partnering and networking with like-minded organizations; collaboration with national and county governments; involvement of beneficiaries in design, planning and implementation of projects. We are guided by the love of Jesus Christ and the fundamental values of love, justice, inclusivity, accountability and transparency. We believe in the innate worth of our beneficiaries, their ability to redefine their own destiny and work towards their achievement.
The Social Ministry department is located at the FPFK Head office in Kilimani, Nairobi along Kindaruma Road. The department has a satellite office in Kitale that brings project administrative services close to the projects operating in Turkana, West Pokot, Elgeyo Marakwet, Trans Nzoia, Bungoma, Siaya and Muhoroni. In addition, each project has an office in the operation area. The project offices are in Lodwar, Kitale, Nyambare Mission, Thessalia Mission Centre, Nakuru, Nyamira Mission, Narok – Ewaso Ngiro, Kilgoris in Trans Mara and Namanga. Some of the project offices are located at the head office in Nairobi.
FPFK plans to deepen these interventions.
- The strategies that is employed include institutional capacity building and empowerment of women, and supporting initiatives that facilitate gender equality.
- FPFK focus on human rights, democracy and governance; this involve supporting peace building and transitional justice processes at community, regional and national levels.
- The third intervention is focus on Environment, Water and Sanitation that entail environmental awareness campaigns aimed at changing people’s attitude and behaviour towards environmental conservation. Additionally, waste management and hygiene, access to safe drinking water, and afforestation be addressed.
- FPFK’s Organizational Development (OD) has previously addressed issues of identity and mission of the Church in Africa through the support of Swedish Mission Council (SMC). FPFK continue to facilitate capacity development of church leaders through trainings so as to improve their effectiveness and efficiency in their ministry.
- Lastly, on Health FPFK in collaboration with various institutions, disseminate, support standards and strategies on the fight against HIV and AIDS, retrogressive cultural practices like female genital mutilation (FGM) and wife inheritance among others.
Details of project status
NAME OF PROJECT
|THEME/TECHNICAL AREA/MAIN ACTIVITIES||GEOGRAPHICAL /AREA OF WORK||PROJECT LEADER/OTHER STAFF||FUNDING PARTNER||PROJECT PERIOD|
|1||Strategic Support||Organization Development (OD)||FPFK||Festus Mukoya||PMU Sweden||2019-2021|
|2||Massai FGM-Community Resilience||Gender and Women||Kajiado||Abigael Letuati||PMU Sweden||2020-2023|
|3||FPFK Ubunifu Youth Project||Gender and Women||Turkana||Johnstone Odukhula||NPM Norway||2019-2023|
|4||Inuka Dada||Gender and Women||National||Jayne Achieng||NPM Norway||2019-2022|
|5||Maasi Gender Community Resilience||Gender and Women||Narok County||Felistus Nashipae||PMU Sweden||2021-2023|
|6||Peace and Rights||Peace and Democracy||Bungoma, Tran Nzoia, Muhoroni||Sarah Naibei||NPM Norway||2018-2021|
|7||Peace-Livelihood Resilience||Peace and Democracy||Turkana and West Pokot||Caleb Khisa||PMU Sweden||2020-2023|
|8||Widows||Gender and Women||Siaya County||Dorothy Akinyi||NPM Norway||2017-2022|
|9||Community Violence Prevention Project||Peace and Democracy||Elgeyo Marakwet and Baringo||Belinda Undisa||FCDO UK||2020-2021|
|10||Narok Peace Project||Peace and Democracy||Kilgoris||Josua Kelele||Denmark||2020-2022|
|11||Covid-19 Emergency||Humanitarian Assistant||Nakuru||David Musumba||Denmark||June-Dec 2020|
|12||Maasai Gender||Gender and Women||Narok County||Magdaline Kelel||PMU Sweden||Ended 2022|
|13||Anti-FGM Advocacy Project||Gender and Women||Kajiado County||Abigael Letuati||PMU Sweden||Ended 2022|
|14||FPFK Women Ministry||Gender and Women||National||Emily Samante||PMU Sweden||Jan-Dec 2021|
The Scope of Reach
FPFK was able to reach communities in all or parts of the following Counties that had full presence of project interventions and some having project offices: Turkana, West Pokot, Trans Nzoia, Bungoma, Siaya, Kisumu, Kericho, Nandi, Nakuru, Narok, and Kajiado. In addition, there are other counties where FPFK reached out through the Women in Leadership projects but without the full-time presence of projects. These were Nyamira, Kisii, Nyandarua, Machakos, Lamu, Mombasa, Kwale, Homabay, Busia, Kakamega, Bomet, Meru/Isiolo, Kiambu and Nairobi. This means that FPFK is impacting more than 50% of the communities in the country through the Social Ministry interventions.
Table People reached by FPFK interventions